Monday, November 17, 2014

My Vege Patch


Hey Internet.

So being unemployed seems to agree with me (I have a job I just get a 10 week break between the interview and actually starting) so I've been doing all sorts of exciting things.... (ok you caught me - I watched the entire US Office in 1 week). But occassionally I do go outside and here is what I've been doing out there.

 

 These two boxes are planted with strawbs, toms, lettuce seedlings, and a zucchini plant. You can probably see all the weeds - that's what the black roll of weed mat is for - I covered them all up. Out of sight, out of mind.

There are another 2 boxes (made from adapted apple picking bins - stuffed with straw then soil) just to the right of these and that is where I'm growing my veges from seeds.

I bought a wide variety of strawberry plants - and I have def noticed that the bigger ones are producin larger quantities and just larger fruit. No tomatoes yet and the lettuces took a long time but they're finally startign to take off.
From my seedling garden - IT'S A tiny LETTUCE (and a few weeds)


Cutting the first strawberry. Going to have to work on the netting design, I've already lost a couple of strawbs to birdies. Good thing is my Dad's coffee addiction keeps me well supplied with grounds to keep the slimeys away.

Best thing about this garden is how high it is. No back-breaking work here (although I do occassionally stab myself with the nails that hold the netting in place.


P.S. Expect to see more updates as things start growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment